A review and new giveaway from Zee Alexis!
Women over the age of 50 often find that their feet aren’t as lovely as that of newborn babies or even that of toddlers. And that understatement puts it mildly!
With each passing decade, women of a certain age have an increased risk of unsightly and painful foot problems such as bunions, calluses, corns, hammertoes, fallen arches or even more than one malady. This can make it tough to find shoes that fit comfortably. Perhaps, it’s because of those years when we wore perilously wore high heels, crammed our feet into very pointy toes, or opted for flats or flip-flops with virtually no arch support.
If you are hard to fit, you need a shoe that’s forgiving. Zee Alexis makes a one-of-a-kind line of footwear that conforms to most problem feet, including mine! Not only that, the designs are attractive and stylish and the shoes are reasonably priced.
I recently had the opportunity to review two of the designs in their current line: The Katie and The Danielle. I loved both of them so much that I asked the kind folks at Zee Alexis if they would be willing to sponsor another giveaway for MoreTimeToTravel readers (the last one was two years ago).
They sent me two pairs of shoes for review and I fell in love with both!
- Like the entire line, the Katie (which retails for $70) is made of a flexible elastic woven fabric. This model comes in blue denim crosshatch print look, perfect for travelers (and stay-at-homes) who live in their jeans. The shoes are as comfy as slippers with a plush memory foam innersole and a substantial rubber sole. They’re easy to slip in and out even for those of us with bulging bunions. And although they’re extremely lightweight and packable, they’re sturdy and supportive enough to be comfortable walking over cobblestone streets or other uneven ground.
- It’s not surprising the Danielle Sneaker (also retailing for $70) is the company’s most popular shoe. This sporty shoe is a perfect complement for those who live in athleisure wear and like a casual look. The Bottega Veneta-style woven upper bands accommodate your foot (in whatever shapes it’s in) and stretch with each step. One timely aside: My neighbor recently had hand surgery and asked me to come to her house to tie her shoes (because she couldn’t manage to tie them with her cast). I showed her the no-tie elastic laces on my Danielle sneakers and she immediately went online to order a pair. This model, too, is ultra-light and easy to pack.
They’re the kind of shoes that look so good that they turn heads. Your friends, like mine, will ask where you got them.
The Zee Alexis Giveaway
The manufacturer is sponsoring an easy-to-enter shoe giveaway for one lucky reader of MoreTimeTo Travel.com. Here are the rules:
- Breeze through the Zee Alexis online shoe shop and choose one pair you would like to add to your own travel shoe collection. You might want to start by taking a look at “Katie’ and “Danielle.”
- Copy the text (name and color) of the shoes of your choice and cut and paste it (or simply keyboard it) into the comment section below on or before midnight, August 01, 2019.
- One reader will be randomly chosen, announced here shortly thereafter, and asked their address and shoe size for mailing.
- Sorry, limited to U.S. addresses only.
Disclosure: The Zee Alexis shoes were sent to me for review for this giveaway but any opinions expressed in this post are my own. You probably can tell, but I really love these shoes!
If you want to order a pair on your own and use this link, you’ll get 20% off your purchase and I’ll get $10 to support this website. Shipping and returns are free of charge.
Tip: Although the fabric tops are stretchable, the soles are not and the shoes tend to run small. My recommendation: Order the shoes ½ size larger than usual for extra comfort.