Because stuff happens when you least expect it and may be least prepared, travel insurer Allianz Global Assistance has just launched a new smartphone app, called TravelSmart™ that provides emergency information and contacts for international travelers.
The free app includes:
- A list of 2000 hospitals in 129 countries, with contact information and one-touch dialing (each of the hospitals listed has been vetted by the company);
- A drug dictionary with the internationally recognized terms for common drugs (this will enable a local pharmacist to provide you with the name of a drug equivalent to the one you need);
- Translations of first aid terms in 17 languages;
- Emergency services phone numbers (similar to 911 in the U.S.) for 217 countries that can be reached with one-touch dialing; and
- A stream with current travel news from USA Today
Of course, use of the app is dependent on having an Internet or Wi-Fi connection, which can often be tricky when traveling. While the app is free, message rates apply and vary depending on your local carrier.
Calling the app a potential life-saver, Fabrice Durand-Brochec, a vice presient of Allianz Global Assistance Services said, “Now anyone can use their smartphone to quickly and easily find and contact an appropriate medical facility where you can be confident you will receive quality medical care.”
For further information, email: email@example.com