Since 1975, one of the biggest nautical events in the world has been cruising into Amsterdam every five years. This year, SAIL Amsterdam begins on Wednesday, August 19, 2015. The festivities held on the North Canal include a parade of more than 600 ships plus concerts, entertainment, art, and cultural offerings.
For more than a year leading up to the event, the SAIL Amsterdam Foundation searches for the most beautiful tall ships from all over the world to join an impressive flotilla that also includes modern ships, naval vessels, and replicas.
To celebrate, The Dylan Amsterdam, a luxury boutique hotel situated in a 17th-century landmark canal house on the picturesque “Keizersgracht” canal, is offering an exclusive SAIL package with VIP entrance to the SAIL Amsterdam opening concert on the water.
If you’re planning a summer trip to Amsterdam, it sounds like a great event.
The Dylan SAIL Classical Waves Package includes:
- Two overnight stays in a double room (August 18 and 19)
- Breakfast Buffet daily
- Three-course lunch in Brasserie OCCO
- Cocktail in The Dylan’s secluded Garden
- VIP Entrance tickets to the Classical Waves opening concert on the evening of August 19
- SAIL fireworks after the concert
- Transfer to the concert and back to the hotel
Rates start at €1250 per package for two people, excluding 5% city tax.
For additional information, see:
- SAIL Amsterdam
- Dylan SAIL Classical Waves Package
Previously on More Time To Travel: