Whether you’re single or like to travel alone, these seven destinations offer the right mix of things to do, relaxation and fun.
“One of the exciting things about being a solo boomer traveler is the freedom it brings,” says Leyla Giray Alyanak, author of Women on the Road.“Solo travel means being able to see the world at your own pace, the way you want,” she says.
That freedom can also make it somewhat daunting when it comes to choosing a vacation destination. Depending on your interests and passions, my article in Grandparents.com describes seven great destinations to consider. They include:
- For the active traveler, Mountain Trek
- For stress-free relaxation, The Breakers Palm Beach
- For the culture lover, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- For wellness, Zoetry al Paraiso de la Bonita
- For lovers of fine things, Paris, France
- For the skier, Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort & Spa
- For food and wine lovers, Napa Valley, California
To read more about each one and why they make for great trips for solo boomers, read my article on Grandparents.com.