The Arizona Biltmore, a Waldorf Astoria Resort, has scheduled an interesting Rock ‘n Roll promotion, with rates starting at just $109 per night.
A virtual Who’s Who of rockers have vacationed at this iconic resort–Elton John, Eric Clapton, U2, Steely Dan, Neil Diamond and Bruce Springsteen, to name a few.
The summer lineup includes a number of activities that will not only attract Rock n’ Roll fans but also their families. Here’s a sampling:
- Rock On! The Exhibit – This retro photo exhibit by photographer John Robert Rowlands will trace the history of the genre. Since 1960, Rowlands has shot literally millions of photos of rock artists and concerts, and Rock On! The Exhibit will showcase the most eye-opening and historic images.
- Rock ‘n Roll Movies – Rock-themed films will be screened in the Aztec Room, which was the resort’s original theater room in the 1930s. At the Saturday and Sunday matinees, snacks will include complimentary popcorn fresh from a popcorn machine.
- The DJ – On Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 6:00 -9:00 pm, a DJ will spin hits at the Paradise Pool.
- Rockin’ Fiesta – Holiday weekends will be party time on Squaw Peak Lawn with a buffet of favorite Mexican dishes and live music. Held 5-9PM on May 25 (Memorial Day weekend), July 4 and Aug. 31 (Labor Day weekend), the Rockin’ Fiesta is $21 for adults and $10.50 for children. Alcoholic beverages are additional.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Fireworks – Every Saturday night throughout the summer at 9PM, the sky above the property will light up with a fireworks show set to rock ‘n’ roll music. And on holidays, there will be more extensive fireworks shows to rock sounds.
Sensational summer room rates:
The starting summer rate of just $109 at the Arizona Biltmor will be offered Memorial Day through Labor Day, May 27 through September 2, 2013. For more information and reservations, call 800-950-0086 or go online at www.arizonabiltmore.com. Perfect for a nostalgic girlfriend getaway too!