Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco has curated a bespoke travel experience to Il Palio di Siena for their guests this August.
The first Il Palio di Siena took place in 1656. This iconic race with lively medieval costumes is still held two days each year (in July and August) in the same historic square.
The Campo square is turned into a racetrack, an event attended by people from all over the world that offers standing room for an estimated crowd of 28,000 people each day.
This year, visitors to Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco (a luxury estate founded by Massimo and Chiara Ferragamo) will be able to take advantage of a bespoke package that brings them up close to the action for the August race–in style.
If you’re headed to Tuscany next month, you’ll want to find out more about this unique opportunity:
The Rosewood Private Palio Experience includes:
- A 3-night stay at Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco, including complimentary daily breakfast
- Exclusive access to a private, historic palace in Siena overlooking the Piazza del Campo square on August 15th and 16th to view the Palio Horse race and all events leading up to it, while enjoying gourmet Italian cuisine and cocktails
- Transfers from/to Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco on August 15th and 16th
On August 15th:
- Viewing of the final workouts and trials from the historic palace in Siena with Tuscan sips, snacks and finger foods served throughout the afternoon and a gourmet dinner in the Contrada (city quarter)
On August 16th:
- Viewing of the Corteo Storico, a stunning historical costume parade that precedes the race and commemorates the ancient institutions, customs and greatness of the Republic of Siena
- Viewing of the Palio Horse race from the palace, featuring 10 horses with jockeys riding bareback and dressed in colored silks representative of their personal contrada with authentic Italian cuisine and cocktails served throughout the day
- A private tour of Siena following the race
For further information: